The fuel level gauge can be manually calibrated to your existing fuel tank sender or you can select one of the preset calibration curves. Factory default setting is 240 ohms Empty and 33 ohms Full. No calibration necessary on senders with this output.
***Selecting a calibration preset***
1. While gauge is powered up, press and hold button down for 10-12 seconds until pointer swings and stops at ‘1/8’ tank then release the button. You are now in calibration mode.
2. Press and release button to toggle between available resistive ohm options (see figure 1). Pointer will travel to each available setting with quick button press. At desired ohm range press and hold button down for 2 seconds to select that range.
3. Pointer will then travel to ‘E’ gauge will exit calibration menu and display current fuel level.
Note: On gauges with LED on front, the LED will blink 2 times to indicate the setting is saved.
*** Manual calibration***
Note: make sure fuel level sensor is hooked up to gauge and is at the appropriate empty or full state you wish to calibrate. Fuel level sensor MUST be attached to gauge during calibration procedure(s).
If your sensor is different from the preset ranges you can manually calibrate the gauge. You will need to program the 'Empty' resistance and the 'Full' resistance.
1. Follow steps 1 & 2 above and select (manual calibration ‘F’ see figure 1).
2. Release button (pointer will oscillate between ‘E’ and ‘F’.)
3. When pointer is at ‘F’ or ‘E’ - press and hold button for 2 seconds to calibrate that condition. For example: If the tank was drained with no gas you would select the Empty position ‘E’ on the dial.
4. Pointer will then travel to ‘E’ or ‘F’ depending on which end you are setting. Gauge will exit calibration menu and display current fuel level. Repeat procedure to set OTHER end point. Note: Until both empty and full points are calibrated the gauge will NOT display the fuel level accurately.
Note: On gauges with LED on front, the LED will blink 2 times to indicate the setting is saved. You can reset gauge calibration as many times as needed by repeating above steps.
The process of programming a fuel level gauge is detailed in the instructions.